When it comes to my hair I can deal with the shedding, but it is the breakage that upsets me. I have a head full of hair, so shedding is actually good for me. For the first time since I became natural, my hair was shedding and breaking a lot. My hair started to shed and break from the time I started to detangle until after I was done washing my hair. It shed some more when I was applying my leave-in conditioner, and braiding my hair.
- Very normal if you are not losing more than 100 strands per day.
- There is a bulb at the end of the strand.
- Sometimes means that you're experiencing new growth.
- Black tea can help minimize it, but will not stop it.
- Not a normal part of the growth cycle.
- Can be caused by improper handling of the hair.
- Protein\Moisture imbalance.
- It can take a while for the breakage to stop