- Commitment: Commit to a hair regimen and stick to it
- Patience: It is very easy to get bored and discourage when you keep doing the same thing everyday, but it takes longer than a few months to see the results of your hard work when dealing with hair in general.
- Stop washing your hair with shampoo everyday: It is okay to wash your hair with shampoo to avoid product build ups, but using shampoo too often can be detrimental to your hair. Instead, co-wash your hair every other day with a good moisturizing conditioner, and use a good (sulfate free) clarifying shampoo when you have too.
- Use a wide tooth comb: A wide tooth comb will make it so much easier for you to detangle your hair, and , therefore, avoid breaking and shedding.
- Grease your scalp: Applying a good oil to your scalp every other day can minimize shedding, remove dandruff, and promote growth.
- Massage your scalp: Massaging your scalp provides circulation around the hair follicles and increase blood flow which carries vitamins and nutrients to the hair.
- Keep your hair up: Keep your hair UP in a bun to keep it from rubbing against your garments.