Have you ever wondered why your jeans don't last? Why their color fades? And what pair of shoes would look great with a certain pair of jeans? I had all these questions and I did a little digging for answers.
Did you know?
Jeans are trousers made from denim or dungaree cloth. Often the term "jeans" refers to a particular style of trousers, called "blue jeans" and invented by Jacob Davis and Levi Strauss in 1873. Starting in the 1950s, jeans, originally designed for cowboys, became popular among teenagers, especially members of the greaser subculture. Historic brands include Levi's, Lee, and Wrangler. Jeans come in various fits, including skinny, tapered, straight, boot cut, Narrow bottom, Low waist, anti-fit and flare.
1. The pastel skinny jeans can be easily worn with white, gray, or soft tans. You can also pair them with metallic flats, rose gold, or silver pumps. The secret to wearing them with heels is to make sure your ankles are covered.
These jeans come in straight, boot cuts, and ankle silhouettes.
2. If you have wide hips, narrow legs, and get a muffin top when you wear your jeans, I think you should at least try these.
I love jeans that hide my flaws. They are by Old Navy. You don't have to show anybody your business; just wear a stylish shirt paired with a v-neck cardigan to cover the elastic top. A polo shirt is a great choice, too. Wear them with pumps for a chic office look.
~~~~~Try seamless shapewear to add comfort and to avoid panty line if you choose to wear something to help you hide your flaws when wearing regular jeans. Wear panties that are cut lower than your jeans. I don't care if you are wearing Victoria's Secret most revolutionary underwear, it should not show. ~~~~~~
- Buy dark jeans with side seaming that curves into your thighs to make them look slimmer.
- High rise jeans can help control muffin tops
- Buy two pairs when you find your perfect jeans. Hem one to wear with flats, and hem the other one to wear with heels.
- Pajama Jeans: Comfort. buy the ones with real pockets and zippers
- Elastic waistbands Jeans: Prevents gapping.
- Contouring Seams Jeans: They slim the butt and thighs.
Sorry all my short girls! I am short, too, but I think that flare jeans look better on tall women. You can try it to see if it works for you, but skip it if no pair of pumps can make you look tall enough. If you are 5'5" or under, do not try to hem your flare jeans yourself. Check companies that make flare jeans for petite women. Flare jeans look best when paired with off-the-shoulder tops. Keep wedge shoes, and chunky platforms in mind when wearing flare jeans. Stick to clean, simple, not too embellished jeans.
~~~~~~Silver, shiny jeans are for evenings only.~~~~~White jeans can be worn before labor day. It is a personal choice.
Caring for your jeans:
The best thing you can do is to freeze your jeans for 24 hours if you want to remove odors without washing, says Nicole King-Burroughs, director of the 1969 collection for gap.
- Turn your jeans inside out before putting them in the washer.
- Use cold waster
- Use gentle cycle
- Use a minimal amount of soap
- Keep them inside out when you dry them also.
- Don't over dry them
- Air dry them if possible.