My Fear About My Daughter Not Liking School
- The first day I went to the school I let her stay. She almost got me, but it did not happen. I even thought about homeschooling her. The thought that kept dancing in my head was that if I take her home with me today, she will expect me to do the same thing tomorrow, and the day after that.
- Her teacher was AJ's teacher two years ago. She knows how we are with our kids and we know how good she is at her job. We told her the same thing we told her when AJ started school, " Let him know who is the boss." Cianna is one of the bossiest 4-year-olds I know. Letting her know who is in charge from day one is the best way to deal with her.
- I understood her frustration. I did not try to make her more upset by raising my voice at her or ordering her around. She is the baby in the family and it was her first time being with a lot of strangers for a long period of time. So I could relate to that! It was like her first day at a new job.
- Of course she had her favorite treats when she got home from school.
- We let her pick her own outfit because she loves clothes. Whatever she was in the mood to wear was what she wore.
- The most important thing is that daddy doesn't have to sneak out of the school anymore. Now they have their little goodbye routine.
So if your child is having these problems, be patient. He or She will come around. If your child had these problems in school, lets talk about it! How did your child come around? What did you do?