There are seven things you can do to get products to review on your blog while keeping your hard earned money in your pocket
- Review products you already have. If you already have products around your house that you use on a regular basis, review them .
- Swap products with friends or family members. If after using half of a product that you have bought, and already made up your mind about how you feel about the product, you can swap it with a friend. Use the product you got from your friend and review it. I know you cannot swap products like face powders, lipsticks, and lip glosses, but you can swap shampoos, conditioners, and oils.
- Request samples from manufacturers. Facebook and twitter have made it easier to reach different companies. If you have a YouTube channel, companies will most likely reach out to you and ask you to review their products. You can win sample products via Facebook when you like a company's page. Some companies host twitter parties where you can enter to win samples. One thing I have been doing is mentioning companies when I share my posts on Twitter and Google+. For example: when I write a review about a TREsemme product, I use @TRESEMME when I publish that post on twitter. If you use Google+ a lot, you can also use +TRESEMME in your post to mention them. It makes it easy for companies to find you.
- Buy trial and travel sizes. Most trial sizes are big enough to use 3-4 times, and you only pay $1.00 - $2.00 for one small container.
- Sign up for reward programs or join sites that offer free samples.
- Enter giveaways. Another great way to get products to review on your blog is by entering and winning giveaways. Just hop from blog to blog when you have time, or just Google it.
- Join sites that connect businesses with bloggers. B2B is one of my favorite sites. They connect businesses or brands with bloggers for free. All you have to do is sign up and apply for jobs. The companies will contact you if your blog meets their requirements. All for free. There are other sites that do that, but I have not received anything from them yet. So I cannot say much about them.