I have been tagged by the lovely Miss Freda, my curlfriend. She tagged me after confessing to her readers that she has been breaking some natural hair rules. You can read her post here. Now it is my time to confess. Although I am not sure if I have ever broken any rules.
Okay, here goes!
- I have never had a Bantu Knots Out.
- No matter how hard I try, I cannot keep my hair in twist or braid outs. My hair turns into a big Afro minutes later.
- I cannot Wash n' Go. My wash n' go(s) always turn into Wash n' Hell No(s). My curl patterns are too tight, so my hair looks like a hot mess.
- I am not a big fan of Glycerine oil. It makes my hair feel like cotton candy. It probably tastes like it, too.
- I only use the baggying method when I suffer from protein overload.
- I add conditioner to my hair, then shampoo my scalp, and rinse both of them out at once.
- I hate the smell of 100% African Shea butter. So I only mix it with creamy leave-ins that smell good, not natural oils.
- I have never tried any products from Jessy Curls, nor Carol's Daughter.
- I am probably the only product junky who hates to spend money on hair products. Free samples, anyone?
- I have not used heat on my hair for over a year.