I hope it is not too late to ask you about your Memorial Day weekend. Isn't it funny how the days leading up to Memorial Day are the most fun ones? Happy dance for those of us who had the weekend off! If you did not, just forget that I said anything. I used to be one of these people who find excuses to eat a lot. My best excuse is "Thanksgiving only comes once a year". Then I remember so does Christmas and 4th of July, and all the other holidays! I love to enjoy a good meal with my family, but last sunday I had to think about the consequences. I cannot afford to gain one more pound. No, not when I am so close to the finish line. I knew my husband was going to grill on Sunday; so I had the whole day planned.
- An early morning walk: I walked around our neighborhood for 45 minutes, but at a very fast pace. I only stopped to snap some pictures with my phone.
- Light Breakfast: I usually eat a big breakfast that's rich in protein and fiber, but my breakfast was very light that morning.
- Snacks: I started to feel hungry after church. I fixed myself a cup of coffee, which I enjoyed with two cookies before heading back to the house.
- Lunch: I had Cole Slaw with barbecued pork. I was so hungry that I could not wait for anything else to be ready.
- Dinner: I really surprised myself with the burger. I had my burger on the bottom part of the bun, covered with ketchup and lots of lettuce, tomatoes, and pickles. What's a BBQ without a hot dog, right? Since I did not have much fiber in the morning, I added some baked beans with brown sugar to my plate. I added a little more protein, too.
- Swimming: We all hit the pool 30 minutes after we ate. And guess what? I felt hungry almost two hours later. What is it about swimming that makes us feel hungry?