My hair could not wait to be washed with shampoo again. My scalp was not itchy, but I could tell that I had products sitting on top of products on my hair. Between applying Carrot oil to my scalp and using the L.O.C Method, I knew that was bound to happen. But my L'OREAL Paris Total Repair Extreme kit took care of all the stickiness for me. I know you must be asking, "Is your hair damaged?" No, it is not! I just had my trim, and my hair is healthy. But these are free samples, okay! What was I supposed to do? Seriously though, I don't think this kit is going to damage my hair. It can only make it better.
- It may sound silly, but I used my Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Conditioner to deep condition on dry hair. I applied pure coconut oil to my hair first, followed by the conditioner. I threw a plastic cap on, plus a.....I am not going to lie to you. I was too lazy to go upstairs. I used my son's Pajama pants to wrap my hair, and took a nap in the living room.
- When I woke up two hours later, I rinsed my hair and applied my watered down L'OREAL Reconstructing Shampoo to my scalp only. After I rinsed the shampoo out, I added the Reconstructing Conditioner. The third step was the Emergency Recovery Mask. I left it on for about 5 minutes, and rinsed.
- I quickly did a light protein treatment on my ends only for about 10 minutes.
- After I towel dried my hair just to get rid of the excess water, I applied extra virgin olive to it to seal the moisture in. I added my leave-in a few minutes later, followed by my oil mix (Jojoba, Castor, Olive, and Coconut oils). I cannot wait to buy Avocado butter to replace these oils.
- I did a few Senegalese twists using 100% Kanekalon Marley hair after my hair was completely dry.
I forgot to do my tea rinse again. I only remembered after I applied my Extra Virgin Olive Oil to my hair. I thought about doing an oil rinse so I could still have a chance to do the tea rinse, but I thought that would make the wash day too long. I am extremely happy with my little L'OREAL Paris Total Repair Extreme kit. My hair came alive. It was strong, silky, and out of this world soft. My Aha moment was when I saw how soft my hair was after shampooing it.