Hello my hair friends! Since this is the last wash day of the year 2014, I created a collage of some of my favorite hairstyles during the year. My most memorable picture is the one on the top left: the first time I did a Bantu knot out that lasted one day. 2014 was good to my hair until it started breaking and shedding. I still don't understand how I managed to reach collar bone length after all that breakage. Then again, I have a short neck! That's the only logical explanation. I tried a few products too during the year. Below you will find the ones that I will buy again. I usually don't set goals for my hair, but I set some for 2015.
This wash day linkup encouraged me to take better care of my hair. I went from hiding my hair under long-term protective styles to washing it more than twice a week sometimes. I met a bunch of new friends through the linkup, too. And I have learned so much from each and every single one of you. You inspire me! Thanks for all your comments, tips, and encouragements. See you in 2015!
- I prepped my hair with pure Argan oil for about 30 minutes
- I washed my hair with Avalon Organics shampoo
- I conditioned with TREsemme moisture rich conditioner
- I forgot to brew my coffee for the rinse. So, it did not happen.
- I deep conditioned with a mixture of Pantene Pro-V truly natural + Argan oil +Extra virgin Olive Oil + Honey.
- I rinsed my hair about 30 minutes later.
- I wrapped my hair with a T-shirt and let it absorb the water for about 5 minutes.
- I used Avocado butter and Extra virgin olive oil to seal the moisture in.
Best New Products
- Grow out my edges
- Reach back length
- Oil my scalp every other day
- Wrap my hair before going to bed
- Incorporate more natural products
- T-shirt dry more often