The week is coming to an end. How am I doing with my new year's resolutions, you ask? Well I have been white rice FREE for one full week. Yep! I am doing the victory dance right now. I drank one full gallon of water yesterday. Let's just say I am doing everything on the list except for the Lime and cucumber water detox. Yes, I do have limes, water, and cucumbers around the house. I will start next week. I promise. No, I am not procrastinating! Or am I?
Anyway, I have a few things that you can do to start your new year on a positive note. All of these things are free. You just have to wake up in the morning and put them into practice. Getting a good night sleep is part of staying fit. Because if the brain is not working, the body will not work either. We also need to let go of a few things for the sake of our well being.
- Sit back and relax: We all have 24 hours. Stop acting like you only have 15. Use 30 minutes of your time to meditate or do something else that's relaxing. Clear up your mind. Lay on your back and focus on your breathing. Thank God for another day. Or ask him a question and wait for the answer. I ask for peace most of the time. And peace, He gave me!
- Shake it off: Dance your worries away. Put some music on and just dance. Life is too short for you to be worried all the damn time. Stop stressing yourself. Don't forget that a healthy mind means a healthier body. Challenges are a part of everyday life, but how you deal with them will determine how long you live.
- Drink More Water: Water is your best friend when trying to lose weight. Your body needs water to carry out waste. It's not only good to relieve bloating and constipation. It's also good for your hair and your nails too. And it leaves your skin looking more gradient.
- Walk your way to better health: Take the stairs on purpose. In a world where you can DRIVE THRU everything, it's hard to get out of the car unless you have a purpose. Make it your mission to walk instead of taking the easy way out. Walk in the morning so you can enjoy the fresh air. Become one with nature instead of sitting in the house watching TV.
- Sleep More: I know some of you cannot afford to sleep. Even when if it is free. You have to wake up early to go to work, and cannot go to bed late because you still have work to do. Work, Work, Work! If you were to die today, somebody else would pick up where you left off. Since I work more when I am at home than when I am at my regular job, that somebody is my husband. Sometimes it is my sister. I take the kids to her house when I need a break and my husband is not available. I'd rather take a break from my kids sometimes, instead of reaching my breaking point. It's okay to ask for help.