Food plays a big role in our everyday life. We cannot celebrate anything without having some kind of food present. I took my husband out to dinner for his birthday on February 9th. When he told me that he wanted to have some kind of seafood, Red lobster came to mind first, but he was not interested. So, I took him to Marietta diner, one of the best restaurants I know in Marietta, Ga. I know because it was our second time eating there. The amount of food they give you there is ridiculous! And I am still trying to eat less when I go to restaurants. Sometimes I have it under control; and sometimes it controls me. I totally failed this month! I made five major mistakes the last time I went to that particular restaurant.
- Eating the appetizers too fast. Appetizers are meant for you to munch on until the main course arrives. It is supposed to stimulate your appetite, not fill you up. We had some spinach patties and they were good. They also brought some sweet bread with butter. Now you understand my problem!
- Not finishing the salad. I did not finish my salad. Salads are important. Leave room for the salad, especially if the appetizers are fattening.
- Drinking too much water. While drinking water is good when trying to lose weight, drinking too much when eating out can completely cut your appetite.
- Ordering the wrong foods. This is one thing that I am guilty of. I never ask my waitress/waiter about the food that their customers order the most. The best selling items on the menu. This is something that you need to keep in mind when eating at a restaurant. The garlic mashed potatoes was good, but it was a little too loaded for me. It filled me up so fast.
- Trying too hard to finish the main course. Sometimes the food is so good I don't want to leave the restaurant without finishing it. If you know you are already half-full, the best thing to do is to eat a quarter of the main course and take the rest of it home with you. Forcing yourself to eat three quarters of the main course can be detrimental to your health. And don't forget you will waste some good food too.