When I told my sister that I wanted to make a crochet wig using 100% Marley hair, she got me everything that I told her that I needed to make one. And then she asked me, "how are you going to make that wig?" I had the idea in my head for a long time, but I was not sure how I was going to do it either. I need more people like her in my life. She believed in me enough to buy all the tools that I needed. She also bought this huge bottle of shampoo for me. It took me three days to make the wig because I had to leave my project to deal with day-to-day activities. I will have a tutorial on the wig sometimes next month and show you the final products. Now let's talk about how my wash day went!
- Pre-poo: Haitian Black Castor oil mixed with Cayenne pepper, applied to the scalp. A light headache confirmed that there was some oxygen flowing.
- Shampoo: Biosilk Hydrating shampoo. I lathered twice because it is a sulfate free shampoo and I had oil on my hair. Washing once was not enough.
- Conditioning: Alberto V05 Clarifying conditioner.
- Coffee rinse: I did my coffee rinse and left it on my hair for about 5 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
- Deep Conditioning: I was running out of my Pantene Truly Natural. So, I mixed it up with my TREsemme Moisture Rich Conditioner, plus a little bit of castor oil.
- Moisturizing: Giovanni Direct Leave-in Conditioner.
- Sealing: Extra Virgin Olive Oil.