'No, I did not cut my hair!'
"Is it the curls?"
That was the conversation I had with my friend when I got to work on Friday. She went right into it without even saying Hi when she saw how short my hair looked! The last time my hair looked like that, even my husband thought I cut it. My hair has been retaining moisture lately, and I love it. I discovered the wonder of lifting up my cuticles and letting the moisture in. It takes a lot of heat to get my cuticles to open up. Therefore, deep conditioning with heat has been making such a big difference. I am slowly learning which products work best for my hair. I try to stay away from ingredients that don't work and add more of those that work, like water for example. Now let see how the wash day went.
- Pre-poo: I applied my TREsemme moisture rich conditioner to my hair. I left it on for a few hours after covering my head with a shower cap and wrapping it up with a silk scarf.
- Shampoo: I washed the conditioner out with TREsemme moisture rich shampoo.
- Rinse: No tea or coffee rinse this time.
- Conditioner: I conditioned my hair with V05 moisture milk conditioner for about 5 minutes.
- Deep Conditioner: I used Pantene Pro-V truly natural deep conditioner with heat for about 40 minutes.
- Drying: 80% dry with a T-shirt.
- Leave-Ins: Castor oil on my scalp, Extra virgin olive oil, and Shea butter on my ends.
Since my last braid out totally looked like a wash and go, I decided to do a bantu knot out this time. My hairstyles last longer now because my hair does not swell up and ask for moisture. Maybe one day I will get to just wash 'n go! How was your wash day?