Hello beautiful people! My blogger friend asked me to write a post on how I stretched my hair in this post. I was about to write one, then I remembered that I already had a post up on how I did it. You can find the post here, my friend. I used yarns to twist my hair, but you can use any thread that is strong enough. This process is called African threading. Some also call it heat-less blowout. I also used S-curl to loosen my curl patterns a little before stretching my hair. I got asked a question about what's in my Shea butter mix. My Shea butter is still raw. I did not mix it with any oil yet. I noticed that it works differently when I mix it up with other oils. So, I will be writing a post on how and what I use to make my mix.
- I got my hair ready for shampooing with Alberto V05 Herbal Escapes moisturizing conditioner. I left it on my hair for a few hours before rinsing it out.
- I cleansed my scalp with a mixture of water, TREsemme moisture rich shampoo, tea tree oil, argan oil, and peppermint oil. I only shampooed once and the result was very effective.
- My conditioner was another Alberto V05 product, the moisture milks. It has soy milk protein it, which did not cause any problem at all.
- I deep condition with my Pantene Pro-V deep conditioner for about 45 minutes.
- I rinsed the hair out, let it air dry for about 20 minutes, and added my leave-ins: Scurl and Extra virgin olive oil. I also added some Shea butter.
Here I am bare faced, with no makeup artist in sight. Nah, I am just kidding! I do my own makeup, but I did not have time to do anything with the face that day. This is just a regular puff after my hair is about 90% stretched. It looks less full when it is 100% stretched. The hair looks taller. How was your wash day?